Thursday, September 23, 2010

Scenes from Block Island

 Trees on a Hill is about 7 x 11 inches.   This is from our week of plein air painting on Block Island.   It's overwhelming after working in a studio going out where everything is moving and there is lots of information.   This particular spot is beautiful with views of the ocean, a pond below us and rolling hills and in the far distance the shoreline of the mainland, boats passing by.....     I narrowed the focus down to this stand of trees on a hill above me.

Study of Tree and rock wall - moving my chair 10 degrees this was another focus for the next painting.  This is 7 x 11 inches also. 



Artist Painting is another view in the same spot (8 x 8 inches) and another study of the spot, the day, the mood of that gorgeous day.     I take lots of photos to do more detailed work in the studio of the area, but it's great to paint outside and see the riot of colors that do not show up in photographs.

I have more paintings done throughout the week that I will be posting over the next few days.....


The true peace of God begins at any spot 
a thousand miles from the nearest land. 
~Joseph Conrad

Please see the paintings purchasing information for some general information about pricing, or email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails