Sunday, April 18, 2010

Karate Kick Watercolor Painting

Karate Kick Watercolor is 7 x 10 inches on Arches 140 pound paper. I did this for my 6 year old and almost (a few days) 4 year old grandsons who have just started to take Karate lessons and love it. When I showed them this morning, their response was 'you have us a blue belt - we're only a white belt!' but they want it framed..... This was from a Wet Canvas weekend drawing event reference photo from this weekend. The challenge was to use a limited palette, and for this I used only 3 colors: quin. burnt orange, quin. gold, and ultramarine blue.

"The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat,
but in the perfection of the character of its participants."
-Gichin Funakoshi

If you have any questions about any of my paintings, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible. My paintings are all reasonably priced and there's no obligation for inquiring....pricing depends on the size of the piece, and whether framed or not, plus shipping costs. I accept Paypal for payment through their secure website and they accept all of the major credit cards.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails