Sunday, June 14, 2009

Beavertail Park, Jamestown Watercolor Painting

Beavertail Park, Jamestown, Watercolor Painting is about 12 X 16 inches done on Arches 140 pound paper. This is plein air painting done yesterday, which turned out to be a gorgeous day here in Rhode Island. I took lots of photos to work on paintings in my studio, but it's great to be outside to see the colors. I loved the contrast of those rocks and waves crashing against them and the delicate rose flowers that grow wild along the coast.

Just a reminder again that even though I am not posting here as regularly, I am painting every day! I have nearly completed the illustrations for the first book and ready to take them for scanning. A contract for a second book is "in the mail"....

And I would feel remiss if I didn't give you a word for today....this is from "The courage to Change" and is a quote by Francis de Sales:

"You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying,
to run by running, to work by working; and just so
you learn to love God and man by loving.
Begin as a mere apprentice and the very power of
love will lead you on to become a master
of the art."

For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press and Zazzle. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails