Thursday, February 26, 2009

Robbie Watercolor Painting

Robbie watercolor painting from a black and white photo of my father, is 8 x 10 inches and is done on YES canvas. This is my first time using a canvas for watercolors, so it took me a while playing with this and I'm still not happy with it. You can wash off 95% of the paint, which I did twice. The paint lifts really easily when you're adding a wash, or blending colors, so you need a very soft brush and just the right amount of water.....so a learning curve, for sure. The advantage is it can be sprayed with a fixative and then varnished, and this particular canvas is a 3/4" wrapped canvas, so it could be hung without a frame at all, once the sides are painted. So, that's the reason for no posts for a few days here ....I've been doing the same painting over and over!
" Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth. "
...Julie Andrews

For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press and Zazzle. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Adorable painting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails