Friday, November 7, 2008

North Light House, Block Island, Watercolor Painting


SOLD

The north lighthouse on Block Island, new watercolor painting I finished last night measures 12 X 16", done on Arches 140 pound paper. It's a brisk 30 minute walk to this serene looking spot over a rocky shoreline with ocean on one side and a brackish pond on the other and wildlife sanctuary, so quite deserted. The pond is framed by sand dunes where wild rose bushes protect the dunes. This day the surf was high and strong from a hurricane passing by in the ocean, and between the pounding surf and the scrub area of the sand dunes where it's not possible to walk - was very small. Once I got to this spot, it dawned on me - was it high tide or low tide? - so I went right back and I realized as I headed back the tide was in fact coming in.

Thought for today is from Proverbs 25:3~~

"Like the horizons for breadth and the ocean for depth, the understanding of a good leader is broad and deep."


For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press and Zazzle. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

1 comment:

Atul Pande said...

Bunny: This is a lovely piece. The perspective unusual but it works beautifully. Reminds me of scenes from Old Lyme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails