Tuesday, September 2, 2008

White Flower Watercolor Painting

White flower watercolor painting measures 8 X 10", on arches 140 pound paper. I had originally done the background in black, sea green and blue.... but found it too bland. When I added the magenta, it gave it a richer color. This is from the weekend drawing event at Wet Canvas.

My thought for today, especially if you are an artist, is a video that someone shared on Wet Canvas this weekend about the creation of art and titled "You are Worth the Time"
by Jan Phillips.

For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

3 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Love this flower painting, how did you get the background so even. I think that is the hardest thing to do. I have had a couple of months off from blogging good to be back to check out my favorite artists... you have been busy!
Diana

BunnyG said...

Thanks, Diana. I did the backgound in black, then went over it in magenta. I guess making sure that it's wet when you're working on it. I go back in after it dries to put on another coat. Actually, the computer screen makes it look slightly better than it actually is, I think.

Anonymous said...

nice one

Paintings painters art history

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails