Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Wash Pond, Block Island" Watercolor Painting

This watercolor painting is Wash Pond on the western side of Block Island, a beautiful site looking towards Montauk, Long Island and where the sailboats enter into The Great Salt Pond, New Harbor. This was a beautiful spot to paint, just my fellow plein air painters and myself. As we watched the sun go down, it just got more spectacular. The temptation is to keep changing your painting to match the changing view..... I did take lots of photos.

Thought for today:

"Nature which governs the whole will soon change
all things which you see, and out of their substance will make other
things and again other things... in order that the world may be ever new."
....Marcus Aurelius


For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

1 comment:

Barb Hartsook said...

Just think how the Impressionists felt, dabbing their brushes fast enough to catch a certain light. How fun for you to be painting with friends.

You've conveyed the pond's stillness with your reflections.

I can smell the salty air...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails