Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Still Point", Block Island View Watercolor Painting

This watercolor painting was done on Block Island, facing west toward Montauk, Long Island. The Wash Pond from the previous posting is just below the second hill. This is a very typical scene on Block Island, rolling hills, rock walls, ocean and ponds. The painting measures 12 X 16" and is available for sale.

Thought for today: I call this painting "Still Point", the idea from a book I read called "The Velveteen Woman", by Brenda Waggoner, in which the author is talking about what is being "real" ---like the question the Velveteen Rabbit has in the children's book.

"Still points are places that help us become more aware
of God in everyday life. They allow us to wrap our hearts
in a blanket of renewal and provide a kind of
spiritual retreat from the noise of the world."



For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails