Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Seascape Watercolor "Sailing in to New Harbor"


New seascape watercolor measures 11 X 13", done on Arches 140 pound paper. The spot for this painting was one of those rolling green hills of Block Island, Rhode Island, at the end of the day sailing in to New Harbor for the evening.

Thoughts about the sea. The Dead Sea is fascinating being so dense one can sit in it and even a non swimmer can stay afloat. On a trip there I tried it. There are showers for after you get out to get rid of the awful smell. Fed by Israel's Jordan River, the Dead Sea has no outlet, so all of the fresh water flowing in grows stagnant. Our lives can be like this......

For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

2 comments:

Barb Hartsook said...

Peaceful, gorgeous sunset on the water. The coming home theme appeals...

Your analogy of stagnating lives if we don't use what comes in to us makes me pause to think...

BunnyG said...

Thanks, Barbara. It made me think too....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails