Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Watercolor Painting "Ducks"


This new watercolor painting of ducks measures 7 X 10" is available for sale and is $105 ...I like how they seem to be talking to one another.

While at Block Island plein air painting there was a goose who had a strange sound---like he was laughing in a mocking way. Every few minutes he'd erupt in his "laughter" and my fellow painters all started laughing. It's funny how laughter (or what's perceived as laughter) spreads. You can't help yourself....it just bubbles out. It reminds me of the poem "Solitude" by Ella Wheeler Wilcox ...


Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone;
For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,
But has trouble enough of its own.
Sing, and the hills will answer;
Sigh, it is lost on the air;
The echoes bound to a joyful sound,
But shrink from voicing care.


Rejoice, and men will seek you;
Grieve, and they turn and go;
They want full measure of all your pleasure,
But they do not need your woe.
Be glad, and your friends are many;
Be sad, and you lose them all,—
There are none to decline your nectared wine,
But alone you must drink life’s gall.


Feast, and your halls are crowded;
Fast, and the world goes by.
Succeed and give, and it helps you live,
But no man can help you die.
There is room in the halls of pleasure
For a large and lordly train,
But one by one we must all file on
Through the narrow aisles of pain.


For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.


2 comments:

Sylvia Jenstad said...

Had to stop... your duck are cool... I love 'Spirit Isalnd'... really cool and 'Sunset on the Beach'... love your colours... really cool

Tomas Karkalas said...

... I bow to you - thank you for the incredible serenity that springs from your blog. While viewing your pictures I have read "Appreciation is a wonderful thing:
It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well
. ...Voltaire" and ... that quote perfectly explains my current emotions - your artworks make us the richest man: you share the beauty - thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails