Sunday, August 17, 2008

Zebra Watercolor Painting

From a trip to the Roger Williams Zoo with my grandsons, this new artwork... a zebra in a more realistic tone than the others you can see below... is a 5 X 7 watercolor done on Arches 140 lb paper.

The thing I love about nature and animals is they are not striving to be anything but are in unity with their environment, no matter what it is....beautiful, inviting, at rest.

"Beauty itself is but the sensible image of the infinite"
....George Bancroft


For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

1 comment:

Atul Pande said...

Nice work! Love your intermediate style between representational and impressionistic. I am self-taught as well and have followed a career in science and medicine for years, only getting into art in recent years.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails