Monday, August 18, 2008

Watercolor Portrait of Little Girl

Watercolor portrait of a little girl finished Sunday it is an 8 X 10" artwork. I started this portrait the night my new great grand daughter was born.

Being a great grandmother brings me to thoughts on getting old, from Max Lucado in "Traveling Light".

"Aging is God's idea.....It's one of the ways he keeps us headed homeward.
We can't change the process, but
we can change our attitude....
What if we looked at an aging body as
we look at the growth of a tulip?
Do you ever see...gardeners weep as the bulb begins to weaken?
Of course not....
Tulip lovers rejoice the minute the bulb weakens.
"Watch that one," they say,
"it's about to blossom."
Could it be that heaven does the same?
The angels point ot our bodies. The more frail we become,
the more excited they become.
"Watch that lady in the hospital." they say.
"She's about to blossom."


For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

2 comments:

Barb Hartsook said...

Having celebrated my birthday just yesterday, your poetry by Lucado touched me in a lovely way. Thank you. Your watercolor of the little gal is so very well-done. You know I look to your watercolors as inspiration for my own. I hope one day to paint as smoothly and with such a light hand as you have.

Barb :)

BunnyG said...

Thank you, Barbara....very kind words. And a very happy birthday to you!....and many more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails