Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pink Crabapple Blossoms Watercolor Painting

This new watercolor painting of pink blossoms was just finished this evening. It is an 8 X 10" piece of artwork done on Arches 140 lb paper and is from a reference photo from Wet Canvas in their weekend drawing event.

In the painting process you sometimes come to a spot where you don't like what you're doing and there's a temptation to throw it all away, but I'm finding if I work past that point, it works out happily in the end. There's a lesson for us in there for a lot of things.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
...Calvin Coolidge

For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails