Friday, August 29, 2008

Gorilla, Animal Artwork Watercolor


This new artwork, a gorilla in watercolor, is a 5 X 7" on Arches 140 lb paper, from a reference photo for the weekend drawing event at Wet Canvas. The challenge was to use two complimentary colors - so I chose yellow and purple, and once I started it, didn't like it.....but I kept going with it. Sometimes a painting goes through an "awful stage" ! At that point sometimes you feel like you've lost control of the painting and it's kind of doing it's own thing. I did use some black and white, and that brought out his soulful expression.

Thought for today is on a Scripture "We are His workmanship" (Ephesians 2:10) and are from Max Lucado. He says the word workmanship is from the Greek work poeo or poetry. "We are God's poetry! What Longfellow did with pen and paper, our Maker does with us. We express his creative best. "

For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails