Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Butterfly Watercolor from "Futterby Exhibit", Roger Williams Zoo


This is a newly finished watercolor of one of the many beautiful butterflies at the Flutterby Exhibit at Roger Williams Zoo. I did the background around the butterfly in a very abstract way...something a little different. This is an 8 X 10" done on Arches 140 lb paper. SOLD

My thought for today has to do with thoughts....change the thoughts and you change the person. I may have used this Scripture before....it's one of my favorites....

"Be careful what you think, because your thoughts
run your life."
Proverbs 4:23

For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted.

2 comments:

Atul Pande said...

I like the background a lot. It reminds me of the effects you can get in photography by using a diffusing lens. The fuzzy periphery serves to highlight the center of interest.

BunnyG said...

Thanks for your comment. I actually used alcohol mixed with water sprayed on the paint to get this effect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails