Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Old Pot Watercolor Painting

This painting was inspired by an interesting blog I read recently by Barbara Hartsook on coveting old crockery that started me thinking, and about this reference photo I had taken on one of my walks on Block Island last September. I wondered who put that pot there on that stone wall,neglected like the flower garden around the stone wall. It didn't seem random. It makes a statement.

My thought today ....

"There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other."
...Douglas Everett


This is a 10 X 14" watercolor on Arches 140 lb paper
Please email me if you have questions regarding my work or if you would like to make a purchase.

3 comments:

Cat said...

i love the quote - i like to think i can do that!

i hope to see you on the fourth of july!

Barb Hartsook said...

I don't believe I didn't see this until this moment! I love that painting, Bunny. I love old pots and stone walls wherever I find them. This was a treasure you found on your walk last fall... not random you say. I agree -- it does make a statement. And your thoughts tie beautifully with your quote.

Another inspirational painting and post...

Barb

蔡健雅Tata said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails