Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mother & Baby Zebra Watercolor Painting


This is 10 X 14" using a softer background for the subject. This was last spring in the Roger Williams Zoo...the baby is now gone.

Thought for today:

"God asks no man whether he will accept life.
You must take it.
The only choice is how."
Henry Ward Beecher

After reading a very good book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini, about two women friends in Afghanastan and how they endured such sorrow in their lives, this quote really strikes home. And... their plight there continues... with the newspaper yesterday reporting the Taliban is setting up camp and sending the farmers/villagers away.

3 comments:

A Painting A Day by Diana Marshall said...

wow! this is a stunning painting, I bet you had fun painting all those stripes! I think that I like this zebra painting the best of all.

Barbara Hartsook said...

Bunny, you got me with the quote. It's one my daughter lettered for me, at my request, when she was a young teenager -- she's now 42. I carried it with me in my notebook for years. My husband and I ran a business and were frequent seminar speakers. Way out of my comfort zone, yet somehow, armed with this quote and others like it, I learned how to "decide how" to approach my have-to's with enthusiasm instead of dread. And it worked. Amazing how much of our lives is really up to us...

Love your painting too -- the simple background helps the zebras stand out.

Barb Hartsook

蔡健雅Tata said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails