Sunday, April 13, 2008

Indian Watercolor Painting


Indian watercolor painting measures 7 1/2 x 9 1/2" and is done on Arches 140 lb paper. The reference photo was from Wet Canvas. I loved this image because of his reverent stance.

Thought for today is once again from Max Lucado in his book "No Wonder They Call Him The Savior":

"Of all we don't know about the creation,
there is one thing we do know--
he did it with a smile....
Painting the stripes on the zebra...
putting the gold in the sunset....
Stretching the neck of the giraffe,
putting the flutter in the mockingbird's wings,
planting the giggle in the hyena...
Like a whistling carpenter in his workshop,
he loved every bit of it.
He poured himself into the work."

I have a small sense of this when I'm lost in my work in my art studio, loving what I'm doing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails