Saturday, March 22, 2008

Street Vendor Watercolor Painting

Street Vendor watercolor painting inspired by another of last weekend's Wet Canvas reference from India. This measures 10.25 x 7 1/8"

Sometimes I try to imagine how living in someone else's shoes would be, and this image does this for me. And then I read this:

"Your Shepherd knows that you were not made for this place....so he has come to guide you out....He is the perfect one to do so. He has the right vision. He reminds you that 'you are like foreigners and strangers in the world' (I Peter 2:11). And he urges you to lift your eyes from the jungle around you to the heaven above you.
....He made the boldest claim in history...when he declared....'I am the way.' (John 14:6) [He cut] a path through the underbrush of sin and death...and [escaped] alive. He's the only One who ever did. And he's the only One who can help you and me do the same." Max Lucado, "Traveling Light"


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails