Saturday, March 8, 2008

Steam Locomotive and Imagination Watercolor Painting

Locomotive watercolor painting measures 11 X 15 "and was inspired by my grandson. In his four year old mind, everything becomes a train, and his younger almost 2 year old brother imitates him....the jungle gym, the shopping cart at the store, my car.....and sometimes they become the train, their little arms pumping....and of course all the appropriate noises. A few times in my car we have come across trains in a little industrial city in Pawtucket, Rhode Island where they still use them as they cross the streets, very slowly to their joy and my dismay..... So he was my critic of this painting and he scrutinized it very closely.

So, my thought for today has to do with imagination:

"To put down an ideogram of a table so that people will recognize it as a table is not the work of a painter, but to sense it for a moment as a magic carpet with a leg hanging down at each corner is the beginning of a painter's imagination." Frank Auerbach.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails