Sunday, March 30, 2008

Montana Feeling Watercolor Painting


Montana Feeling watercolor painting inpsired by a challenge this weekend on the Wet Canvas site was from Montana, and to do an image in 2 different mediums. I chose a pencil drawing and then watercolor. There were some reference photos of birds, and a little girl pouring water on herself that tempted me, but I chose something very different for me.

This turned out to be a deceivingly complicated drawing and took a long time to do the pencil drawing, and then the watercolor. I was under the 2 hour time limit for the drawing, but not for the painting. It was nice to "lose myself" in this painting, though.

They are both 11 x 14"...the pencil drawing on 90 lb Fabiano paper and the watercolor on Arches 140 lb paper.

Thought for today:

"Culture, the acquainting ourselves with the best that has been known and said in the world, and thus with the history of the human spirit." ....Matthew Arnold

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails