Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Couple
Watercolor

I thought this painting of this elderly couple walking toward the sunset was appropriate for Valentine's Day.  This was also part of the weekend drawing event at Wet Canvas.  I used 140 pound Canson paper for this and am not 100% happy with the effect of the watercolors on the paper in some places.  

"A Mile With Me"

O who will walk a mile with me
Along life's merry way?
A comrade blithe and full of glee,
Who dares to laugh out loud and free,
And let his frolic fancy play
Like a happy child, through the flowers gay
That fill the field with fringe the way
Where he walks a mile with me.

And who will walk a mile with me
Along life's weary way?
A friend whose heart has eyes to see
The stars shine out o'er the darkening lea,
And the quiet rest at the end o' the day, --
A friend who knows, and dares to say,
The brave sweet words that cheer the way
Where he walks a mile with me.

With such a comrade, such a friend,
I fain would walk till journey's end,
Through summer sunshine, winter rain,
And then? --Farewell, we shall meet again!
----Henry Van Dyke

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails