Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter Gathering Watercolor Painting


Winter Gathering watercolor painting inspired by the fowl at a pond near my house. It's a nice place to walk because you can circle the pond...I haven't measured the distance, but you can easily go around twice for a nice walk. And I always take my camera with me wherever I go. This painting is called "Winter Gathering"....I debated whether to call it "Please don't feed the waterfowl"....I'm not sure if these geese and ducks are supposed to be here at this time of year and I know there's a man who feeds them pretty regularly, right under the "Do Not Feed the Waterfowl" sign.

This is one of two paintings being entered in the "Winter Around the World" juried show at the Rhode Island Watercolor Society , February 17 through March 6th. [Acceptance notices on February 14th - so I'll know then which of the two - maybe both!] I will take a photo and post the other painting tomorrow.

Speaking of the Watercolor Society....this Saturday we will be hanging the new members show....the new show opens this Sunday -- the annual new member's show, so it should be a good one. And of course, the opening always has goodies to eat. (Last year at this time I was a new member!) If you've never gone there, it's tucked away in Slater Park, across from the carousel. Besides the paintings on the walls, they have a bin with unframed original pieces and another with prints. They're open every day except Mondays until 4 p.m. and on the weekends 10 a.m until 4 p.m., I believe. You can always take a nice walk in the park as well.

And speaking of walks in the park, although there are no flowers now....my thought for the day...

"The longer we walk in the garden,
the more likely we are to smell like flowers.
The more we immerse ourselves in grace, the more
likely we are to give grace." --Max Lucado "In the Grip of Grace"


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails