Monday, January 28, 2008

The Blue Dorey Inn Watercolor Painting



The Blue Dorey Inn
Block Island, R.I.
(sold)
The thing I love about this island is that it is so unspoiled....no big chain hotels....no McDonald's....just ocean, fields, rock walls, bluffs, crashing waves, little coves, and lots of hidden away places to discover. I sold this painting just before Christmas at the Watercolor Society's small picture show.

Once a year I go to Block Island for the week --one year I went for 2 weeks! -- and paint plein air with my instructor from a Tuesday watercolor class. There's a small group that go every year. One lady comes with her husband in their boat and docks at New Harbor. It's a place for long walks, or bike rides...a little hilly, though. In the mornings you can do whatever you want, and the afternoons are painting from 1 p.m. until the sun goes down, if you want. Most of us stay at the same bed and breakfast, share a kitchen.

In the following days I think I will post some pictures done from Block Island. May be a nice break from looking at ice and snow!

More thoughts on failure:

"I've missed over 9,000 shots in my career.
I've lost over 300 games. Twenty-six times I
have been trusted to take the game-winning
shot and missed. I've failed in my life over
and over; that's why I succeed."
------Michael Jordan

Something I didn't know: Michael Jordan failed to make his high school basketball team! Failure can spur us on to achieve greater things.

So.... if you think you're a failure today, you're in good company! The one thing most successful people have in common is failure!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails